Indian Ocean Drive - The "Perfect Pinnacles Route"
Enjoy the freedom of driving the scenic coastal roads of the Indian Ocean Drive. Experience the Moore River region on the Turquoise Coast, and unwrap one of Western Australia’s most famous natural icons, the Pinnacles.
Travelling north in your own or a hire vehicle gives you freedom, flexibility and a real feel for our region in comfort and privacy. The scenic Indian Ocean coastal route is more easy-going than the Brand Highway (Route 1), with plenty of opportunities to stop off, making the journey a fabulous part of your holiday, or a trip in its own right.
Choose the Brand Highway as your alternative route back to Perth, to add even more diversity to your tour.
The 250km route to the Pinnacles from Perth begins as Wanneroo Rd, and then the road changes its name to become the Indian Ocean Drive, also known as Route 60. The Pinnacles are 149km north of Moore River Holidays.
Moore River Holidays is perfectly located on the coastal side of Wanneroo Rd/Indian Ocean Drive. We invite visitors, residents and locals to enjoy our Mediterranean climate and alfresco lifestyle.
What You Can Expect
- Multiple parking bays and overtaking lane opportunities
- A viewing point at Wedge Island
- Uninterrupted sealed coastal road
- 30 minutes off your journey between Lancelin and Cervantes
- Increased activities and accommodation options
- Hot spot for enthusiasts that love adventurous outdoor activities
- An enjoyable drive that gives you the option to lengthen or shorten your stay
Moore River Drive Itineraries
Within the Moore River Region, there are numerous ways to enjoy a self-drive tour. For a range of itineraries from 1 to 5 days, download the Turquoise Coast Self Drive Planner.
Gingin Coast Tourism Association has a self-drive itinerary that takes you around the Moore River Region, starting at Yanchep: Self-Guided Tour.